Bring a taste of the Italian seaside to your kitchen with this gorgeous recipe for Spaghetti with Mussels. Incredibly easy to make, and packed full of flavour!
- 200g spaghetti (dried weight)
- 500g mussels, cleaned
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 handfuls of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Start by cooking the pasta according to packet instructions. While your pasta is bubbling away, steam the mussels in a large, lidded pan. Once the shells have opened, remove them from the pan and set to one side, reserving the mussels cooking juices.
- Grab a large frying pan and heat a little olive oil. Throw in the garlic and chilli flakes and fry for a couple of minutes, then pour in the reserved mussel liquid and simmer until you have a thin sauce.
- Drain the spaghetti, then add it to the pan along with the mussels. Combine everything together well, then stir in the parsley, lemon juice and a generous seasoning of salt. Serve immediately.
Lead image: wmaster890 via Getty images.