Step up your appetiser game and hit all the flavour notes with this delicious recipe. Korean chicken wings are easy to make and really are “finger licking good”!
- 500g Chicken wings
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50g cornflour
For the sauce
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (or water)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chilli paste- can use sriracha instead)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F. In a large bowl mix the chicken wings with salt, black pepper and cornflour. place the wings on a tray lined with baking sheet and gently brush with oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes until wings are golden-brown.
- Whilst the chicken wings are cooking – get started on the sauce. In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir frequently and wait for the sauce to thicken to a ketchup like consistency.
- Toss the wings in the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds, and chopped spring onions. Enjoy!
Lead image: fortyforks via Getty images.