With strawberry season in full swing, why not try turning them into something even more decadent with our strawberry cheesecake recipe.
For the cheesecake:
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 vanilla pod
- 600g full fat soft cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 284ml pot of double cream
For the topping:
- 400g fresh strawberries
- 25g icing sugar
- Begin by making the base. Butter and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment, and set to one side. Place the digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag and, using a rolling pin, bash them until you have fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the melted butter until all the crumbs are thoroughly coated.
- Tip the mixture into the lined tin, creating an even layer, and chill in the fridge for 1 hour to set firmly.
- Slice the vanilla pod length ways, and scrape out the seeds.
- Put the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla seeds in a bowl and beat everything together using an electric whisk until smooth. Add in the double cream and continue whisking until everything is combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the biscuit base, starting from the edges and working inwards, making sure that there are no air bubbles. Smooth down the surface of the cheesecake, cover with cling film and allow to set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and allow to come to room temperature about 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, puree half of the strawberries in a blender or food processor with the icing sugar and 1 tsp of water, then strain through a sieve.
- Decorate the top of your cheesecake with the remaining strawberries, and drizzle the puree over the top.
Lead image: monitor6 via Getty images.