A lighter meal that is ideal for the summer months, this vegetarian risotto packs a real punch of flavour.
- 450ml vegetable stock, made from one stock cube
- 4 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced into 4 pieces
- 200g sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 85ml risotto rice
- 3 tbsp white wine
- Small handful of freshly grated parmesan
- Small handful of rocket
- Begin by heating one tbsp of olive oil in a wide, shallow pan. Tip the onion in and gently fry for 5-6 minutes, stirring until soft and translucent.
- Add the rice, and continue to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until the grains become see-through at the edges and begin to make ‘clicking’ sounds.
- Add the wine, allow it to bubble up and evaporate, then add in 50ml of the stock. Stir well and simmer gently until all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in 50ml at a time until you have about half of the stock left in the jug.
- Stir in the asparagus and sugar snap peas, and then add in the remaining stock. Allow to bubble up, then stir until everything has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the grated parmesan. Spoon onto a plate, and top with the rocket and some extra parmesan.