Rich in Vitamin C & fibre, this soup is not only healthy but is also a great way to use up a bag of salad leaves from the fridge!
This recipe can also be made using a soup maker – ideal if you are looking to reduce your washing up!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 potato, cut into small cubes
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 120g mix of watercress, rocket and spinach
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low-medium heat. Add in the onion, along with a pinch of salt, and cook slowly, stirring occasionally for around 10 minutes until the onion has softened and gone translucent. Then add in the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Tip in the potato, followed by the vegetable stock and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the potato is soft (test this by sliding a cutlery knife through).
- Add the watercress, rocket and spinach and allow to wilt for 1 minute, then blitz the soup with a stick blender until it is completely smooth.
- Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt and the toasted pine nuts.
Lead image: DragonFly via Getty images.