Stirred through pasta for an easy dinner or lunch, this pesto sauce is the work of minutes and can be stored for up to weeks in the fridge – just cover with a little extra olive oil before sealing in a clean jar.
- 50g pine nuts
- Large bunch of basil
- 50g parmesan
- 150ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pasta of your choice to serve
- Heat a small frying pan over a low heat, then add in the pine nuts and cook until golden, shaking occasionally.
- Put into a food processor along with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, then season.
- Cook your pasta for around 10 minutes, drain, return to the pan and swirl through the pesto sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkling of extra parmesan
Lead image: nerudol via Getty images.