Add a little heat into the mix with this sweet chilli jam! Perfect for serving alongside cold cuts, this also makes a wonderful homemade gift for the chilli fan in your life.
- 8 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 10 red chillies, chopped
- 3 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 400g can of cherry tomatoes
- 750g golden caster sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- Grab a food processor and whizz together the peppers, chillies, ginger and garlic until they are very finely chopped. Transfer to saucepan then throw in the tomatoes, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring everything to a boil, skim off any surface scum, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for around 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the jam starts to become sticky, continue cooking for a further 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently. It should now look like thick, glossy lava. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to sterilised jars. Leave to cool completely before sealing.
- This jam will keep for up to 3 months in a cool, dark place. Once opened, ensure it is kept refrigerated.
Lead image: AnnaPustynnikova via Getty images.