This delicious vegan meal combines crisp tortillas, roasted veg and crunchy nuts for an explosion of flavour!
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 a lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 4 flour tortillas
- Sriracha chilli sauce, to taste
- 1/2 pack coriander, torn
- Begin by heating your oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / Gas Mark 6. Grab a roasting tin and toss the sweet potatoes in 2 tbsp of the olive oil and the paprika. Slide into the oven and roast for 15 minutes (tossing again half way through) until the potatoes are beginning to crisp.
- Chop the avocado then pop into a bowl along with the lime zest and juice, then season generously. Mash everything together using a fork, then leave to one side. In another bowl, combine peanut butter and remaining olive oil.
- Set a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat and allow it to reach a very hot temperature. Brush each tortilla on one side with some olive oil and place oil side down in the pan. Spread over half the peanut butter mixture and half the sweet potatoes, then drizzle over a little Sriracha and scatter over half the coriander.
- Top with another tortilla, this time with the oil side up, and press down with a heavy-based saucepan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, then repeat the process to make the second quesadilla. Cut into quarters and serve with the crushed avocado.
Lead image: ferlistockphoto via Getty images.