Chowder is the perfect thing to warm you up on a cool evening. Packed full of sweetcorn and fresh fish, this chowder will soon become your go-to comfort food.
- 350g potato, roughly chopped into cubes
- 300g smoked haddock fillets
- 140g sweetcorn
- 500ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- Knob of butter
- Parsely, chopped, to serve
- Your a large Cooks Professional saucepan, heat the knob of butter until it’s melted. Add the chopped bacon to the bacon and fry until it starts to brown. Add the diced onion and cook until just softened. Pour the milk into the pan, and stir in the potatoes. Allow the chowder to come to the boil, and simmer for roughly 5 minutes.
- Add the haddock to the pan, and cook gently for a further 10 minutes. Break the fish into chunks using your wooden spoon, and stir in the sweetcorn. Cook for another few minutes until the fish is thoroughly cooked. Remove from the heat and scatter the chopped parsley over the chowder. Dish up into your Cooks Professional bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Lead image: Fudio via Getty Images.