There’s a definite noticeable change of season beginning to occur – autumn is officially in the air! This aromatic soup is the perfect way to hunker down for a cosy night in, and is a fuss-free recipe that can be ready in under an hour. Try using our soup maker to make it even easier!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bashed
- Handful of coriander, leaves and stalks chopped separately
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 750ml chicken stock
- 160ml coconut cream
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- Grab a large saucepan and heat the oil. Add in the garlic, chilli, ginger, lemongrass, coriander stalks and curry paste and cook everything together for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, coconut cream and sweet potatoes and cook until the potatoes are soft (usually around 15 minutes). Remove the lemongrass and discard. Transfer everything from the pan to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Return everything to the saucepan and add the chicken. Cook over a gentle heat for 5-10 minutes, checking that the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce. Scatter with the coriander leaves and serve.
Lead image: AnnaPustynnikova via Getty images.