This exquisite, fragrant, creamy curry is the perfect Saturday night stay-at-home recipe. Quick and easy to make, it’s guaranteed to be a sure fire hit with all the family.
To get the sauce even creamier, allow the curry to sit off the heat for a few minutes once it has cooked.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 750g chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 lime
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Jasmine rice
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the green curry paste and sugar. Cook over a fairly high heat for about one minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the chicken along with the zest of the lime, until covered in the paste. Add the coconut milk and fish sauce, and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for 25-30 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the coriander and the juice from the lime. Check for seasoning and add more fish sauce if required.
- Serve with the fragrant jasmine rice, and the chilli scattered over the top.
Lead image: musicphone1 via Getty images.