Whether you’re feeling poorly, need something warming or just fancy a nice, healthy soup that easy to make, this one is guaranteed to please!
Lentil don’t only give the soup a nice rich feel, but also provide plenty of nutrients and protein. Grab a pan and a stick blender, and you’ll have a no-fuss soup you can eat straight away or store in the freezer for later.
You can also make things even easier by using a soup maker!
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 100g red lentils
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onions with the garlic for around 3 minutes over a gentle heat.
- Tip in the tomatoes, stock and milk, then bring everything to a boil.
- Add in your lentils, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Blend everything together until smooth, then season and serve with a good slab of crusty bread!
Lead image: AnnaPustynnikova via Getty images.