This vibrant Vietnamese sandwich is the perfect hump-day lunch treat!
- 2 small baguettes
- 50g chicken liver pate
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced thinly and diagonally
- 140g turkey, shredded
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 red chilli, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 sliced
- Small handful of parsley
For the slaw
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 75g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp golden caster sugar
- Begin with the slaw. Tip in the carrots and cabbage into a large bowl, then in a smaller bowl combine the ginger, rice, vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Pour this over the carrots and cabbage, and mix to coat. Set to one side for at least 15 minutes.
- Cut the baguettes open and spread the pate over the bottom half. Top with the pickled slaw, cucumber and turkey.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the chopped chilli, then dollop over the top. Scatter with parsley and sliced chilli, then clamp the two halves together and tuck in!
Lead image: AnastasiaNurullina via Getty images.