The ideal way to use up any leftover turkey, this turkey curry is packed full of flavour and the addition of peppers and tomatoes will help you feel a little healthier after all the festivities!
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g chopped tin tomatoes
- 300g leftover cooked turkey, diced
- 300g leftover roast potato, diced
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Rice, to serve
- Take a large pan and heat the oil over a fairly high heat. Cook the onions and peppers together for around 3-4 minutes until soft. Stir in the curry paste and the garlic, then cook for a further 2 minutes. Throw in the tomatoes and 150ml of boiling water. Bring to the boil, and allow to bubble away for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, then pop in the turkey and potatoes and stir together. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, then season and add the mango chutney. Scatter over the coriander and serve with rice.
Lead image: Mariha-kitchen via Getty images.