Topped with golden, melting mozzarella cheese, these stuffed mushrooms are a speedy (and healthy!) way to round off the working week. Serve with a handful of your favourite green veg or a simple side salad.
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 sage leaves, finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Green veg or salad to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C Fan / Gas Mark 6. Grab a frying pan and heat a little oil, then throw in the onion and garlic and fry until soft and translucent (around five minutes).
- Add in the sage, and fry for two minutes before adding in the turkey mince. Fry for around 10 minutes until cooked through, then add the oregano and paprika, stirring together for another two minutes.
- Throw in the tomatoes, and cook for another five minutes until they have softened, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove the stalk from the mushrooms then, using your hands, give the mushrooms a good rub with the olive oil before placing into an oven proof dish.
- Spoon the turkey mince into the mushrooms, then top with the sliced mozzarella. Pop these in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the ten minutes has passed, switch your oven to the grill setting and cook for a further five minutes. This will get the cheese bubbling and golden!
- Serve with your choice of green veg, or a simple side salad.
Lead image: zi3000 via Getty images.